The I2C Bus Monitor Plus is the laboratory grade troubleshooting instrument for the I2C Bus, SMBus, PMBus and other derived protocols. When connected to an I2C or derived protocol bus and a host computer, the I2C Bus Monitor Plus captures, filters, and displays bus message data and timing information.
- Microsecond Timestamping of Bits, Bytes and Messages.
- Non-intrusive capture of bus traffic to 400KHz.
- Software controlled SCL and SDA Logic Voltage Levels.
- Filter on Slave Address, R/W, Ack/Nack, Data Bytes, and Smart Battery System Violations.
- Display Slave Address, R/W, Ack/Nack, Data Bytes, and Smart Battery System Data.
- Write or Read, Log or Display files.
If your designs include heavy I2C Bus, SMBus, or derived protocol content, the I2C Bus Monitor Plus will give you the bus monitoring power you need, including data timestamping, variable logic voltage thresholds, and flexible triggering. Whether you're testing designs with a single master and slave, such as programming configuration EEPROMs, or monitoring multiple masters and slaves in a server maintenance system, the information packed screens help you get your debug and verification done faster.
- I2C Bus, SMBus, PMBus, and IPMI Development Tool
- 256K byte Data Recording Memory
- Supports General Calls, and Multi-Master/Multi-Slave Addressing
- Displays Start/Stop Events, Device Addresses, Read/Write Requests, Acknowledgments, Data, and Bit, Byte, and Message timing
- Trigger Input for synchronization with external events
- Trigger Output on bus events or pattern match for triggering external test equipment
- Product Development: Software/Hardware Development, Testing, and Troubleshooting.
- Manufacturing: Manufacturing Tests, Inspection, Quality Control.
The I2C Bus Monitor Plus includes an extensive array of message monitoring capabilities, and can time-stamp bits, bytes, or messages.
The I2C Bus Monitor Plus can display Smart Battery Data in engineering units, and can detect, filter, and display protocol violations.
A test cable provides connection to the network under test. Test clips are provided for:
- SCL Clock Line (with Variable Threshold)
- SDA Data Line (with Variable Threshold)
- GND Ground Line
- Target System VCC (Optional)
Trigger Input (BNC)
TTL signal input to synchronize data collection with external events.
Trigger Output (BNC)
TTL signal output to synchronize external equipment with I2C Bus Start, Stop, Ack, Nack, and Bit Pattern matching events.
Utility Port (DB-9)
Use to attach optional external equipment in automatic test environments. Signals include:
- SDA, SCL Input
- SDA, SCL Output (TTL)
- Trigger Input, Trigger Output (TTL)
- #MIIC-102/USB - USB interface
- #MIIC-102/PCIE - PCI-Express interface (x1 full-height)
- #MIIC-102/PCI - PCI interface
- #MIIC-102/PCC - PC Card (PCMCIA) interface
Optional Add-On Interface kits are available separately.
The I2C Bus Monitor Plus includes an extensive array of message monitoring capabilities. These include:
- I2C Bus Events (Start/Stop, R/W, Ack/Nack)
- Bit, Byte, and Message Timing (uS)
- Message Bit Rate (Bits/Sec)
- Absolute or Relative Time Measurement
- I2C Hex - Displays all data in hexadecimal format.
- I2C ASCII - Displays data in printable ASCII or hexadecimal format.
- I2C Binary - Displays data in binary format.
- SBS - Displays Smart Battery System (SBS V1.0, V1.1) data in engineering units with protocol revision selection (Host, Battery, Charger, and Selector) and violation detection.
Bus activity can be monitored on a selective or non-selective basis. Filter displayed messages on Slave Address, up to 8 Data bytes, and SBS protocol violation only.
SDA/SCL Logic Threshold Control
Software controlled 0.7V to 2.5V.
100-240VAC, 50-60Hz, Global AC Plug Set (included)