Based on Eclipse
ARM® DS-5 Development Studio is built on the standard Eclipse development environment providing outstanding windows management, project management, and C/C++ source code editing tools. DS-5 brings a huge number of features specific to ARM to the Eclipse platform, making it the most powerful tool-chain available for ARM software development.
To learn more about the IDE, download DS-5 and follow the tutorials, which will help to guide you through the Eclipse platform. ARM Infocenter contains in-depth documentation for further information.
Powerful Source Code Editing
The Eclipse IDE's C/C++ source editor is fully featured and helps you spend more time writing code and less time chasing down syntax errors.
- Outline view which lists functions, variables, and declarations
- Highlights syntax errors in your C/C++ source code
- Configurable syntax colorization and code formatting for C/C++ and ARM/Thumb™/Thumb-2™ assembly
- Full change history which can integrated with popular source code control systems, including Git, SVN and CVS
- Refactor function names and code segments globally, saving time in complex projects
- Collapse functions to simplify large bodies of code
Greatly speed up your authoring with Function Help and Function Autocomplete, which put a huge number of C/C++ functions at your disposal.
Easy File Transfer
With the DS-5's Remote System Explorer (RSE) perspective the transfer of applications and libraries to the Linux file system on the target is easy and reliable. It features:
- FTP connection to the target to explore its file system, create new folders, and drag & drop files from the host machine
- Open files on the target's file system by double-clicking on them in the FTP view. Edit them within Eclipse and save them directly to the target's file system
- Shell and terminal windows enable running Linux commands on the target system without a monitor and keyboard
- Display a list of processes running on the target
Flexible Window Management
The window management system in Eclipse enables the optimal utilization of your visual workspace.
- Support for multiple source code and debugger views - this is ideal for multi-core debugging
- You can arrange your windows however you like: floating (detached), docked, tabbed, or minimized into the Fast View bar
- Support of multi-screen set-ups by dragging and dropping detached windows to additional monitors