Microcontrollers offer a wide range of interfaces to meet today's embedded design requirements. However, implementing applications that efficiently utilize these interfaces presents software developers with real challenges. Flexible and easy-to-use middleware components are essential to unleash the power of communication and interface peripherals in modern microcontrollers.
Available Middleware Components
The MDK-Middleware provides royalty-free, tightly-coupled middleware components that are specifically designed for communication peripherals in microcontrollers. The middleware software pack includes (depending on your MDK Edition):
- Network Component: services, protocol sockets, and physical communication interfaces for creating TCP/IP networking applications.
- USB Component: USB Device and USB Host communication using standard USB device classes.
- File System Component: create, save, read, and modify files in storage devices such as RAM, Flash, SD/SDHC/MMC memory cards, or USB memory devices.
- Graphics Component: flexible graphical user interface (GUI) for LCD displays.
- The middleware described above is provided as part of the MDK-Professional or MDK-Plus edition in binary format. It is not included with other MDK-ARM Editions. Source code of the middleware is available as separate product.
- MDK-Middleware uses the CMSIS-Driver 2.0 interface. Drivers are available for a wide range of device families. Please check for availability of those drivers in the Device Database, ask the device vendor or contact ARM support.
Middleware Application Templates
This video introduces four example projects that show the usage of MDK-Middleware in an application. Although each project is available for a certain development board only, it is an easy task to migrate it to one of the other boards as well (if the hardware requirements are met).